Return to the StormerClan homepage
Head tr

Suspected Hacked in Gear Uk 417

<<

supahjam

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:09 am

Suspected Hacked in Gear Uk 417

Hey Guys as always I don't like being the person to cry "Hacker!!!111337!" from the rooftops, however Sam Ben and I where flying around near the top of the map when we came across around 20/25 tents all neatly set out.

Upon further inspection we found that these tents were full to the trim of high end gear.

Now I know its perfectly acceptable to have a lot of gear, but there was quite literally a huge hoard of gear which I do not think was legitimately found within the game.

I should say this was recorded last night (Feb 19th) and the footage below is just a private YouTube link from my channel:

I Just think that this could possibly need further looking at.
<<

Parts

SC Admin Member

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:57 am

Re: Suspected Hacked in Gear Uk 417

Lol, nice work Jim. Even Bly didn't manage to find 50 sandbags, and if he couldn't then they must be dodgy. Good work on blowing them up.
<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:01 am

One of our admins found this camp the other night, we know who was using it, but I can't say 100% that it was them that hacked it in. These guys have been on the server a lot, they may well have found this stuff legit - although I find that unlikely. The more obvious explanation is this was hacked in before the server was whitelisted and the guys that were using it just found it.

Good work in taking it out anyway, you saved us a job :)

By the way Jim, have a word with Ben, we don't mind a bit of banter but some of his chat to other players on the server is just abusive, he is in danger of being kicked off the server...........
<<

Hillza

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:21 am

lol ben
<<

TerroR

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Hello guys.. is it possible that tents remained at their position after this server was made private/whitelisted and from patch 1.7.4? We had a pretty massive tent camp (about 50 tents) with all possible DayZ gear in them (10 of each gun, 50 clips of each ammotype, 100 satchels, 100 ghillies, etc.) on our own server.. All of the stuff was duped (can lie about it but I wont.. our excuse --> all of us died soo many f-in times by hackers that we couldnt be arsed at that point), which can't be done anymore ofc anyway...

If my assumption is true then this might be a camp which was setup like ours... not hacked in, just duped...
<<

supahjam

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:04 pm

In my opinion Duping is still an exploit and gives you an unfair advantage.
<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 pm

TerroR wrote:Hello guys.. is it possible that tents remained at their position after this server was made private/whitelisted and from patch 1.7.4? We had a pretty massive tent camp (about 50 tents) with all possible DayZ gear in them (10 of each gun, 50 clips of each ammotype, 100 satchels, 100 ghillies, etc.) on our own server.. All of the stuff was duped (can lie about it but I wont.. our excuse --> all of us died soo many f-in times by hackers that we couldnt be arsed at that point), which can't be done anymore ofc anyway...

If my assumption is true then this might be a camp which was setup like ours... not hacked in, just duped...

No, the database was actually imported from our original Private Hive server (which is now running the Oring map), it is possible it came from there but I don't think so. My feeling is it was hacked in when it wasn't whitelisted.

I now have to take this time to remind everybody that duping is an exploit and anybody found doing that will be taken off the whitelist and banned ;)
<<

TerroR

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:06 am

There's no way you can dupe anymore (as stated in my previous post). We (TOS) don't endorse exploiting either, but (also stated before) cause of the ridiciulous amounts of hackers and the (way too) many times of being killed by these twats and losing gear we got fed up with it. If the DayZ anti cheat stuff worked this never wouldve been an issue.

Can't wait for the stand alone to be released tbh..
<<

Hillza

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Meh I lose my gear all the time. All you need is an enfield and you can take anyone as long as you are cautious.
<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Hillza wrote:Meh I lose my gear all the time. All you need is an enfield and you can take anyone as long as you are cautious.

I lose mine all the time too - usually just after being shot by you :twisted:
Next

Return to DayZ