Return to the StormerClan homepage
Head tr

Upgrade to 1.7.6.1?

<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Upgrade to 1.7.6.1?

So for those that don't know the story...........

1.7.6 was released, this patch introduced a 'homage' to DayZ staff and forum mods in the shape of cans of food/drink named after them, i.e. a can of 'Herpy Dooves Canned Muffins' - DerpyHooves is a moderator on the DayZ forums.

Some of the community kicked up saying it was stupid and unrealistic so not even 24 hours later 1.7.6.1 was released, this just removes all those cans.

My opinion is, I couldn't care less really what the cans of food and drink are called, I thought it was all a bit pathetic complaining about it TBH.

So, is it worth updating to 1.7.6.1? I don't care either way apart from we may be slightly more likely to get new players on if we are at the latest level.

Thoughts?
<<

gapp

SC Admin Member

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Re: Upgrade to 1.7.6.1?

don't care :roll:
<<

TerroR

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:09 am

Don't even know why people would whinge about a bit of diversity in the game. I like the new food/drink types (specially the new Beer can :D :D)..
<<

Schmelzer

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:18 pm

I also think the whole issue a bit ridiculous but don't care that much either way, whatever you think is best for the server should be done.

That being said I really liked the new food models and would really like if they stayed because more variety is always a good thing.
Also as far as I understand what is being said in the offical DayZ forums they are only removed from the loot table but not from the game so you can still put them back in even if you update to 1.7.6.1 if you adjust the loot table or something (don't know how that works in detail).
<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Schmelzer wrote:I also think the whole issue a bit ridiculous but don't care that much either way, whatever you think is best for the server should be done.

That being said I really liked the new food models and would really like if they stayed because more variety is always a good thing.
Also as far as I understand what is being said in the offical DayZ forums they are only removed from the loot table but not from the game so you can still put them back in even if you update to 1.7.6.1 if you adjust the loot table or something (don't know how that works in detail).

Ah, ok - that might be worth looking into then :)
<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 am

I have updated to 1.7.6.1.

I wasn't bothered either as A) it's a pain in the butt to upgrade sometimes and B) I quite liked the new drinks/food

But I have noticed the player count dropping on the server, that's why I upgraded. We will look into putting the cans back in if it's easy enough.

Return to DayZ