Return to the StormerClan homepage
Head tr

AI's...?

<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:54 am

Re: AI's...?

I installed this AI mod because I didn't want to set up the patrols - for one it's far too much a PITA to figure out and then set the coordinates that the AI patrol over, and also because once you know where they patrol there is no element of surprise.

The AI on the server spawn at random locations and with random weapons and skill levels, the amount that spawn is dependent on how many other players are in the spawn area.

I will look at tweaking the config, the whole idea of putting the AI on was to surprise people and make them more aware that AI 'could' attack them, it sounds like they are spawning too much and too soon, I never intended for players to get attacked by them every single time they played - that just takes the fun out of it :(

Thanks as always for the comments and suggestions!
<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:01 pm

OK, I've decreased the max number of AI, increased the respawn times, and decreased the amount of places they can spawn. A lot of it is still done randomly though, let us know if it's better or not!
<<

Rincewind

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:25 pm

I've noticed them shooting at me & stalking me from quite a distance, maybe 100-150m.

It's quite funny that they give away their position so I can hunt them down. :)
<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:10 am

Rincewind wrote:I've noticed them shooting at me & stalking me from quite a distance, maybe 100-150m.

It's quite funny that they give away their position so I can hunt them down. :)

They are not meant to be too difficult to kill, their skill level is random (it depends what weapons they spawn with), they are there to keep players on their toes and spice things up a bit - as I said above I don't want them to become a pain, they are there so there is always that chance that you might come across them.
<<

AStranger

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:29 pm

well during the restart yesterday just as i was loading in some spawned in behind me and killed me before i even saw grass. not cool ai, not cool
<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:43 pm

AStranger wrote:well during the restart yesterday just as i was loading in some spawned in behind me and killed me before i even saw grass. not cool ai, not cool

The AI shouldn't spawn in that quickly, my guess is you were either shot by another player, or the AI had spawned because other players were in the area
<<

AStranger

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
AStranger wrote:well during the restart yesterday just as i was loading in some spawned in behind me and killed me before i even saw grass. not cool ai, not cool

The AI shouldn't spawn in that quickly, my guess is you were either shot by another player, or the AI had spawned because other players were in the area

well i thought that could happen but it happened to hillza yesterday. He spawned back in and an ai with a winchester was there in front of him pointing it at his head luckily a bar got in the way but it was basally the same thing that happened to me.
<<

Hillza

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Yeah the little slut, anyways the best way to kill the AI it turns out is with a fishing boat.
Previous

Return to DayZ