Return to the StormerClan homepage
Head tr

Vehicle's

<<

AStranger

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Vehicle's

I don't know about you but i've not seen a working car on the server for ages. All i've found is wrecked vehicles out in the woods or heli's that are stuck next to tree's or planes that spawn in a places you can't move them. Is there any chance there could be a server wide vehicle reset and maybe everything comes in fixed and fueled this time?
also is it possible to have all the planes, every reset spawn back at balota and do something like have atv's or bike's put in on the far places of the map like kemenka so we don't have to run the whole way each time and have that on the reset they spawn back there too stop people hoarding them.

just a few idea's i know this is what our group of players would like too see happen.
Also the ai doesn't seem as bad now aslong as you can get your self a gun it's an easy way of getting better loot. just need to try and stop them popping up in front of you when you log in.
<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Re: Vehicle's

There should be a vehicle respawn script that kicks in on the 8pm restart - I'll get Parts to look into it.
<<

AStranger

Post Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Any chance of auto refuel? i know a lot of us would like to see that.
<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:08 am

AStranger wrote:Any chance of auto refuel? i know a lot of us would like to see that.

I'll look into this when I get time (which I don't seem to have a lot of atm!).

We converted our other server to a test server, so I'll try to get it working on there first.
<<

Parts

SC Admin Member

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:30 am

Hello Sam, I'll take a look. The script that removes destroyed vehicles and resets them runs at 7pm every day, so the new vehicles it creates will spawn in after the 8pm server restart. It was working so I wonder if something in the 1.7.7.1 patch has changed it.

Thats a bloody good idea about adding some ATV's and motorbikes along the coast for new players to use. It would be easy to reset them as part of the 7pm tidy up script so they would go back to their original locations.
<<

AStranger

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Parts wrote:Hello Sam, I'll take a look. The script that removes destroyed vehicles and resets them runs at 7pm every day, so the new vehicles it creates will spawn in after the 8pm server restart. It was working so I wonder if something in the 1.7.7.1 patch has changed it.

Thats a bloody good idea about adding some ATV's and motorbikes along the coast for new players to use. It would be easy to reset them as part of the 7pm tidy up script so they would go back to their original locations.

That be great if you could get something like that set up :) and yeah i don't know what's going on with he vehicles recently i've just not seen any of them. must be bly hiding them in his super camp ;)
<<

Parts

SC Admin Member

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:06 pm

I've set 3 AN2 Biplanes to spawn at Balota. These three will contain some useful extra's for new spawns. There are also a couple of others that will spawn at the NW and NE airfields. All 5 should be full of fuel and have zero damage when they first spawn so hopefully they'll be more useful, even if it is just for 1 flight :shock:

There are also a mixture of bikes/ATV's that should spawn along the coast to help get things going when you first spawn. These should also contain a full tank of fuel and zero damage plus some extra bits in their gear. The coastal bikes will automatically reset to their initail spawn locations on a daily basis so they cannot be horded for more than one day. This will hopefully ensure there are always plenty available.

Thanks to A Stranger for the suggestions.
<<

Gunslinger

SC CO-Leader

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Good work mate :)
<<

gapp

SC Admin Member

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Jeebus Parts you is a genius :D unfortunately now phase 2 will have to come into play:-
Traffic jams, finding somewhere to park, congestion zone etc.
may I suggest double yellows all the way up the coast? :lol:
do you think if I nag Gunslinger he could perhaps pop in some A I traffic cops & air traffic controllers? ;) :lol:
think I just invented grand theft dayZ :oops:
<<

Parts

SC Admin Member

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:22 am

:lol:
GTA Dayz sounds like an excellent game, although I shiver when I hear AI being mentioned.....

Return to DayZ